The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] No Internet Options in Control Panel Empty[SOLVED] No Internet Options in Control Panel

more_horiz
In my config file I have:

Element Category="Remove - Control Panels" Name="Control Panel - Internet Options" Selected="false"
Element Category="Remove - Control Panels" Name="Control Panel - Internet Options (Files)" Selected="false"

anyway, there's no applet in CP. Surprised

May I have removed some dependencies...?

description[SOLVED] No Internet Options in Control Panel EmptyRe: [SOLVED] No Internet Options in Control Panel

more_horiz
Hello,

If you remove "Features - Internet Explorer 8" using "Preset - Automatic Removing Process", it will also automatically remove "Control Panel - Internet Options" & "Control Panel - Internet Options (Files)" ... Wink

You could see this effect using 2 ways :
- after your WinReduced ISO creation if you open your ISO and read the file named "winreducer70.wccf"
- load your actual preset then save it, and look in the new file
=> then you will see that "Control Panel - Internet Options" & "Control Panel - Internet Options (Files)" have a "true" value which means that they have been removed.

But to bypass this, you could mount your ISO, load your preset, then disable "Preset - Automatic removing process" (this forces WinReducer in manual mode) ... and finally "APPLY" your changes !

You could have a look in the "WinReducer 10.0 & 8.1 Database" page from the tutorial website page. You could find some windows 7 related automatic removing components.

Hope this help you and have a good day !

Smile

description[SOLVED] No Internet Options in Control Panel EmptyRe: [SOLVED] No Internet Options in Control Panel

more_horiz
So in manual mode I can remove IE8 but maintain core files and Internet options; right?

more_horiz
Yes exactly ... but take care automatic mode has its advantages, which you couldn't find in manual mode, like components dependencies ...

What you could do is create a wccf file (using your actual file) in "Tools -> Preset Editor", with auto remove activated then save these settings in a new file ! This ensures that you have all good components dependencies ...

Then close "Preset Editor" and reopen it (only by precaution), then reload your new wccf, disable auto-remove and choose what components you need to keep ... finally save these settings !

In the future, when you will have more abilities to use WinReducer in manual mode, you will be able to avoid the use of auto remove and create your own files by yourself ... Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum