The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionNET Framework Light Cleanup breaks Office 2010 install EmptyNET Framework Light Cleanup breaks Office 2010 install

more_horiz
Hi winter.
I have selected the "Protect Office 2010" preset, but the NET Framework Light Cleanup removes some .NET files that are required for Office 2010 installation.
I get an "Error 1935" which indicates an issue with .NET Framework 4 components missing.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

I tried to update .NET to see if that would automatically fix it, but it said .NET was up to date.

I am happy to troubleshoot, but I have no idea how to determine what files Office 2010 would need for its install...

descriptionNET Framework Light Cleanup breaks Office 2010 install EmptyRe: NET Framework Light Cleanup breaks Office 2010 install

more_horiz
I did another test without selecting "NET Framework Light Cleanup" for removal and the installation of Office 2010 worked perfectly...

descriptionNET Framework Light Cleanup breaks Office 2010 install EmptyRe: NET Framework Light Cleanup breaks Office 2010 install

more_horiz
i thought that the Light Cleanup is removing the same files/directorys that are removed at winreducer 7 Net Framework cleanup.

for windows 7 and winreducer 7 it works.

more_horiz
Hi KrX.
What version of office did you test with?
Also, the issue seems to be related more to .NET 4.x than .NET 3.5.

more_horiz
i tested it with office 2013.

i used the cleanup but after installation i install net framework 4.5.

i can test it if it works without the 4.5 installation.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Have you seen this Microsoft update :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2553092/en-us

Especially this :
MORE INFORMATION
Several root causes may trigger error 1935 or error 78F during the installation of the Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Typically, this issue occurs when Office 2010 was originally installed by using a temporary storage device.

Maybe this helps ?

more_horiz
I dont think this applies as I installed it from a separate hard disk on my PC, but I can try installing that fix and report back, just to be sure :-)

more_horiz
did this update help you or do you still get this error ?

more_horiz
The update doesnt install. I think it complains about .NET not being available Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum