The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] How to remove white icon on links? Empty[ANSWERED] How to remove white icon on links?

more_horiz
Hello, I would like some help with the following that I tried very hard to undo, but I have not been able to find a way to do this.

My desktop icons, and all future ones that I make have some sort of little 'white' paper thing inside the shortcut icon that I make. I want to remove that but I dont know how :/

[ANSWERED] How to remove white icon on links? Deskto10
I am trying very hard to remove all the 'changes' that were added during installation. But it proves quite difficult. I have been able to remove the changing of the mouse cursor so far, default local admin account, but the last step in the proces is to undo these ridiculous desktop icons.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
zephi

description[ANSWERED] How to remove white icon on links? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] How to remove white icon on links?

more_horiz
hi,

that white thing is normally the shortcut icon.

did you use the tweak :

Explorer - Remove Shortcut Arrow

?

normally the white icon should be replaced via a transparent icon.

description[ANSWERED] How to remove white icon on links? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] How to remove white icon on links?

more_horiz
Hey,

KrX, you have been faster than me ... Smile

Zephiris, could you please look if you have the file named "Shortcut_Blank_Arrow.ico" in your C: drive. Take care this is an hidden file. If don't have it, just copy it from your "WINREDUCER81 -> HOME -> SOFTWARE" to your "C:\" drive.
Restart your computer and let us know !

more_horiz
Thanks guys! It worked. I have nice clean desktop shortcuts now ^^
Thats a heavy weight off my shoulders, i've been trying a while now before deciding to get some help Wink

One of the first things I did was delete 'Shortcut_Blank_Arrow.ico" cuz I didnt knew what it was after the clean install. But I got it back, and now its all good.

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, and I moved the topic in the "WinReducer 8.1 Help" forum ... Wink

more_horiz
hey winter,

i activated also the hidden files. and i dont like files at C:\ that are not windows related (i just dislike them i dont know exactly why xD)

and maybe it would be better to put the Shortcut_Blank_Arrow.ico somewhere else, so normal users wont see it and cant delete it ?

i.e. to "C:\Windows\Resources" ?

EDIT: i changed the title of the topic a bit to be more accurate
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum