The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Can't mount any windows 8.1 iso file Empty[ANSWERED] Can't mount any windows 8.1 iso file

more_horiz
Hello,

i want to slipstream windows 8.1 updates in my 8.1 iso file.
But i when i want mount an iso or a folder, when i click "mount", i wait (so far so good)
After a copple of minutes i get the option to select the operationsystem
After that i click "mount"when it's almost finished i get the error: Your file is not mounted correctly... Hit OK to clean the system

I have tried 6 different iso's but none works with this software.
I used windows 8.1 x64 at my laptop.

Can anybody help me?
Thx!

description[ANSWERED] Can't mount any windows 8.1 iso file EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Can't mount any windows 8.1 iso file

more_horiz
Hello,

I discovered a small bug in a really rare circumstance, and I will release an update in few minutes ... Wink

Thank you for the report !

description[ANSWERED] Can't mount any windows 8.1 iso file EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Can't mount any windows 8.1 iso file

more_horiz
I am curious how you can solve such report without more info about the .iso content.
Perhaps those .iso contain Install.esd instead of Install.Wim ...

PS I don't have any cristall ball ...

more_horiz
Hey,

Because I discovered a bug in the process (I experienced it ! Smile ) ... and yes you are right, this could be also an ESD file. This should be the next step ... Wink

more_horiz
Updated build is available !

@Stephan296 : could you please download it from the official website, then update your installed version, and let me know if that solve your trouble.

And as Jpm said, if that won't work, the other cause could be an unsupported ESD file (see in your ISO\sources folder if you have an "install.esd" file instead of an "install.wim" file). So in order to convert ESD files you could use "WinReducer Wim Converter" available in the website !

more_horiz
Thx for your quick reply.
I will test it right now, and i will look to my .iso file!
It's the 1.41 version from 8.1?

[UPDATE]
I have downloaded the latest version of winreducer 8.1...
I have still the same error.
I looked into the iso and they are .wim files.

[UPDATE 2]
After a fresh install of windows 8.1 at my laptop, he will extract my iso but when i click on mount he will mount but the progress bar will stop at about 75% of 90% i can wait 4 hours but still the same progress. 

This is with version 1.41

more_horiz
maybe its a problem with your iso / wim file?

maybe its demaged.

more_horiz
or maybe try a clean install of winreducer, which inclues redownloading all the software through winreducer (7zip etc)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum