The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Feature Request:Where to put Windows Gadgets files. Empty[ANSWERED] Feature Request:Where to put Windows Gadgets files.

more_horiz
Is there a place to put gadget files which are run from desktop, into a new Winreducer7 ISO?

Thanks, dbwr7

description[ANSWERED] Feature Request:Where to put Windows Gadgets files. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Feature Request:Where to put Windows Gadgets files.

more_horiz
i found this:

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-include-new-gadgets-themes-wallpapers-and-screensavers-in-windows-7-setup-iso-file/

so it works what you want (not recommended to use this outdated tool)

so at least it should work and winterstrom should be able to do that

description[ANSWERED] Feature Request:Where to put Windows Gadgets files. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Feature Request:Where to put Windows Gadgets files.

more_horiz
Thanks, KrX, but this hasn't been updated or supported for years and is defunct.

Sincerely, dbwr7

more_horiz
yes thats why i wrote

(not recommended to use this outdated tool)

just wanted to show thatit is possible to integrate gadgets to a wim file.

if i find some other way to integrate them i will let you know

more_horiz
OK.

more_horiz
i found this:

*Delete default Sidebar gadgets:This is not the same as option in vLite!.Vlite unfortunately allows only the removing of both Sidebar and its gadgets but not a specific gadget separately.This is your job to remove manually(unfortunately).Go to:
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets and start deleting the contents of the folders manually(takes very much time because only files can be deleted not folders).

*Pre-Adding custom gadgets to sidebar:In your current install go to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets and copy them to:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets in the mounted .wim. and optionally to:
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets .Now after install when your sidebar doesent atomatically start(hasnt been added to global startup or all default gadgets have been removed) then clicking Windows Sidebar in Start Menu and in loaded sidebar clicking the + sign on top

...where your custom gadgets are already loaded and ready to be added to sidebar.If you add the contents of the ..\Gadgets folder to:
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets in .wim then they should be loaded automatically with sidebar after install.No installation or big configuring needed.

more_horiz
That was how I/WE/ did a custom Gadget/Theme/Wallpaper add in RT7 Windows customizer Configuration Tool. Now defunct.

Regards, dbwr7

more_horiz
hey i tested it.

you need only to extract your gadget to

@install.wim    \Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

the "Windows Sidebar\Gadgets" folder didnt exist so i created them.

at the Gadgets fodler you need only to create a new folder with the name of the gadget i.e. "NewClock"
and extract the content of your "newclock.gadget" to this folder

so:

-create a folder with the name of the new gadget you want to add i.e.
@install.wim    \Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\NewClock

- extract the content from newclock.gadget (with i.e. 7zip) to "....\NewClock\"

for me i get now this 4 files at "NewClock\"

theclock.htm
script1.js
gir.png
gadget.xml

- thats it. when i install this system and open the gadgets from the desktop right click menu i see my NewClock and i can put it to the desktop

so i consider it as "Answered", but i will open a Request  Thread for adding gadgets.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum