The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionApply changes to all versions / SKU EmptyApply changes to all versions / SKU

more_horiz
May I request a feature to apply changes to all versions / SKU of windows on the WIM instead of just one version? That will make things a lot easier when making all-in-one discs for deployment, now have to go through the editing process in each version manually.

descriptionApply changes to all versions / SKU EmptyRe: Apply changes to all versions / SKU

more_horiz
Hi pricecaptain.
I dont think it is possible to mount more than one wim image at a time with DISM, to avoid data inconsistencies, so I think winter cannot implement your request.

descriptionApply changes to all versions / SKU EmptyRe: Apply changes to all versions / SKU

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
Hi pricecaptain.
I dont think it is possible to mount more than one wim image at a time with DISM, to avoid data inconsistencies, so I think winter cannot implement your request.

How about a script to mount one image, save the changes, then open the the second image to do the same changes and so on? Is there a way not to close WinReducer but mount another image after commit changes to the first one? Or an automated process to make changes to each image one by one?  like a "Mount-Image --> Commit-Image --> Unmount-Image" repeat cycle

more_horiz
I could see there being issues of different images having different components so does the tool just apply a default removal selection across all images, etc...

I will let winter reply. That sounds like an awful lot of work, though...
But its not I who would have to do it Smile

more_horiz
Hey guys,

theKramer is right, there could be potential severe bugs, but this is not impossible to do (just need long debug time) ... and it will be time consuming for the user during the removing process !

The door is not closed for such request, but I just want to add this comment : all WinReducer Reducing Software have been developed from the beginning in these purposes :
- reduce ISO space (optimized for 1 edition)
- reduce installation space
- improve operating system speed

So do not hesitate to remind me this, later this year, to see if I will have more time ... Very Happy

Thank you very much for your idea !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum