The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Windowsupdate not working ! (Build 9926) Empty[SOLVED] Windowsupdate not working ! (Build 9926)

more_horiz
Hi Winter,

even I had activated "protect windowsupdate" there is a bug with is function. It is nevertheless not working and I didn't remove it from the "services".
Regards

description[SOLVED] Windowsupdate not working ! (Build 9926) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Windowsupdate not working ! (Build 9926)

more_horiz
Did you remove WinSXS in Optimizations section, as that breaks Windows Update, even if you protect Windows Update via a preset...

description[SOLVED] Windowsupdate not working ! (Build 9926) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Windowsupdate not working ! (Build 9926)

more_horiz
pedilover wrote:
Hi Winter,

even I had activated "protect windowsupdate" there is a bug with is function. It is nevertheless not working and I didn't remove it from the "services".
Regards

These are the KNOWN BUGS that we Know about

WinReducer 8.1 "Open - Tools - USB" : wrong characters appear under certain circumstances (especially in German language)

Features - Windows Search" : when trying to disable or remove it, it doesn’t completly work. Even with an original fresh installation without WinReducer customizations, I got the same result. Maybe this is a Windows 8.1 bug and not a WinReducer bug

Accessories - Windows Mail" : Opening Word 2010 files seems to be broken

Accessories - ModernUI - Apps" : try to remove one of them will prevent display all other Apps. So you need to pin them manually from Apps screen to Start screen after Windows installation

Network - Skydrive" : All files are removed but you could always be able to use it in "Modern UI - Immersive Control Panel". Skydrive is too deeply integrated into Windows 8.1. The only way, to hide it, is to remove the "Immersive Control Panel" but you will loose many Windows configuration possibilities

Services - Homegroup Listener and Provider Services" : break "Advanced Sharing" in "Network and Sharing Center" control panel

Services - Windows Update Service" : break "Net Framework 3.5" installation and Windows Store

Tweaks - Sound - Disable all Sounds" : seems to not work (Sound scheme is always windows default one)

Unattended - WinSXS DISM Cleanup" : Since Windows 8.1.1, the process is very very slow. This is a Windows DISM bug and not a WinReducer one

Some Windows Updates are broken after reducing Windows 8.1 using WinReducer 8.1 builds (old known bug, also happened with other reducing tools like RT7-Lite)

Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSxS Folder Cleanup" : Possible severe workarounds, if you only use it ! (without using other components)

I will admit I've been away for sometime and may need to catch up on a few things, However I hope this will help and if it's anything more I'm sure Winter will comment later..

more_horiz
without (autounattend.xml) not disabled
Tweaks: Hibernate does not turn off.
Service: Update windows not disabled

more_horiz
and it would be good - if not (autounattend.xml) tweak: could disable a Microsoft account,
 Hibernate, 
Service: Update windows
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum