The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Tweaks to improve speed and stability Empty[ANSWERED] Tweaks to improve speed and stability

more_horiz
Hello!

First of all, sorry for my bad english silent

I am using the latest Winreducer 7.0 version (3.12) and there are some tweaks in the "Remover" - "Tweaks" section that theorically improves the speed and stability of the computer in general. I have an Intel i7 8Gb RAM laptop (I use HDD, not SSD) and I want to make a Windows 7 x64 SP1 ISO image, but I don't know if these tweaks really improves the speed and stability or it's worse to activate them. Maybe just cause placebo effect?

I refer to the following tweaks:

Explorer - Run in a Separate Process. In the description says that could slighlty improve Windows speed and stability. However, I read in some forums that although this can improve Windows stability, can slow down the Windows speed.

System - Block Negative DNS Entries. In the description says that increase the network speed.

System - Disable Bandwidth Limit. In the description says that increase the internet speed.

System - Disable NTFS Short File Names Creation. In the description says that speeds up disk access.

System - Disable Paging Executive. In the description says that could improve Windows speed. However, I read in some forums that this is not true, and it's better not to disable this.

System - Enable Large System Cache. In the description says that improve Hard Disk Drive and SSD speed.

System - Improve Windows Shell Response. Apply various tweaks to greatly improve your Windows User Experience. Any idea what kind of tweaks are applied?

Can someone explain me if really these tweaks are better to activate? Or maybe cause bad effects...

Thank you very much!

description[ANSWERED] Tweaks to improve speed and stability EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Tweaks to improve speed and stability

more_horiz
Hello,

To be honest, with your CPU (core i7 mobile), you already have a great computer. But for me, the most important tweaks (I mean : to try first) are :
- Explorer - Run in a Separate Process : it uses a ram memory space different for each explorer windows (control panel windows included) ... it's much better to activate it, only for stability
- System - Disable NTFS Short File Names Creation : yes this tweak could improve access disk speed
- System - Enable Large System Cache
- System - Improve Windows Shell Response : some tweaks to improve the speed like menu delay, no low disk space checks ...

And none of them will have a bad effect on your computer ... your computer will work great even without these tweaks. But they need to be tested, and what I could tell in a real environment (my computer) is that I find it more responsiveness with them !

Have a good day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum