The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] cannot process answer file Empty[ANSWERED] cannot process answer file

more_horiz
hi;
i am new with win reducer,
there is smthng strange with it if any one can help ill be very happy.
actually i am using it without problem with updates.if i only integrate updates everythings fine. ( only drivers downst work dont know why ,  i was put nvidia and intel drivers as .exe file under drivers folder )
it integrates the updates also .net3.5 and installs fine.
but i try to touch anything except from updates setup fails and gives an error about windows  could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass. the error was detected while processing settings for component
Microsoft-windows-shell-setup.
i was tried step by step or 1 by 1  but nada..everytime same fault.
can any body help?
thnx in advance..
great day.

description[ANSWERED] cannot process answer file EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] cannot process answer file

more_horiz
Hello and welcome article15,

1) for driver integration : if you want to use the "System (tab) -> Integration -> Drivers" WinReducer option tool, the only support format in the "Drivers" folder is "*.inf" (and all dependent files). All "*.exe" or "*.msi" files are not able to be integrated in this way. If you want to integrate them using their executable files (exe or mis) you need to use "System (tab) -> WinReducer Post Installation -> OOBE" WinReducer option tool, then choose "Add File" button, and your file will be launched during the 2st logon installation (you could add a silent switch to your file to install it automatically). A website tutorial is planned in the next days ... Wink

2) So, 1st thing to do, is to tell us which ISO you're trying to use, which WinReducer 8.1 version, and if you try to use "Unattended (tab)" WinReducer option tool ?

Have a good day !

description[ANSWERED] cannot process answer file EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] cannot process answer file

more_horiz
hi winterstorm2050;thnx for response.
actually driver thing nopt that important i could make it with oobe...
main think is right now i cant install..
ok winreducer is 8.1 v1.35. iso is orginal from microsoft.and yes i am using unattend tab for administrator account and language options.

more_horiz
OK, did you define a password for your administrator account ? if you could try to use user account instead of administrator account ... please, let me know, because this could be a bug, thanks.

more_horiz
i am trin without unattend iso right now.
but ill try that too..
and no i am not seting password for admin acc.
il check and let you know.
thnx

more_horiz
article15 wrote:
and no i am not seting password for admin acc.

This is probably the cause.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum