The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Sysprep does not work

+5
mrpotter2510
Mr.T
theKramer
aymanalz
w571you
9 posters

descriptionSysprep does not work - Page 2 EmptyRe: Sysprep does not work

more_horiz
hey did it work for you guys now?

more_horiz
I created the ISO, but I kinda forgot about this Sad
Will try it this weekend if I can to see if it works ok..

more_horiz
Hi, I'm back and here is some more files needed by sysprep:

System32\drmv2clt.dll
System32\fveapi.dll
System32\fvecerts.dll
System32\LangCleanupSysprepAction.dll
System32\spwinsat.dll
System32\Drivers\vms3cap.sys
Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\IpsMigrationPlugin.dll

Also Windows Indexing service is needed.

more_horiz
Well, I don't know if this topic attracts attention anymore, but I've recently tried sysprep many times under Win 7, 8.1 and 10. I would like to share my experiences. 

1) Be careful about "WINDOWS FEATURES" and "SERVICES". I have installed an untouched system in virtualbox and tried to delete a few services. Sysprep then stopped working. I did not record them but they included the ones beginning with "DIAGNOSTIC" also "WINDOWS ERROR REPORTING", "WINDOWS SEARCH - INDEXING" and "SUPERFETCH" (with the commands "net stop" and later "sc delete", the "diagnostic" stuff gave access denied errors though).

2) Removing WINDOWS DEFENDER, MEDIA CENTER, WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, TABLET PC, MOBILE PC works fine. I've done in all systems and these have generated "zero" problems.

3) The "REMOVER" tab is more tolerant. No problems with PRINTER & SCANNER DRIVERS, LANGUAGES, KEYBOARDS, MULTIMEDIA, THEMES and TWEAKS. In the ACCESSORIES tab however, try not to remove INDEXING CONTROL PANEL.

4) I have not fully tested the "NETWORK" features. But removing "HOMEGROUP" works fine.

5) One final note for winterstorm2050: The "PROTECT SYSPREP" preset falls insufficient. You should definitely add "INDEXING" (both service and control panel) and services beginning with "DIAGNOSTIC".

more_horiz
mrpotter2510 wrote:
Hi winterstorm,

I enabled the protect sysprep preset, but sysprep still get error when using with generalize option Sad

Sysprep does not work - Page 2 Sysprep-fatal-error_thumb

Here is my wccf file: https://www.mediafire.com/?pnxgyaq73dg5x2j

Sorry my friend but i remember that in windows 8.1 when i was trying to use sysprep i was getting the same message. After many tries i found that i must disable "windows media player network sharing service" in services.msc. So go to services.msc->windows media player network sharing service  stop the service then disable it and try to run sysprep again. Hope this helps you. if not its something else

more_horiz
By the way there is another point;

You've got two options: Appy sysprep BEFORE or AFTER WinReducer (any version).

The best one for avoiding problems is the BEFORE option, I mean you install necessary software, do a sysprep on an unmodified system and later apply winreducer and remove unnecessary components. 

But some software may fail to start in this system and especially if you have performed WinSxS Cleanup. These include Microsoft Office and Nero Burning Rom (the ones I've tested). 

Nero complains about missing side-by-side libraries and Microsoft Office asks you for the PROPLUS..... msi file in the MSOCACHE Folder. Somehow, these two programs get damaged after a WinSxS Cleanup.

I'd previously deleted the MSOCACHE Folder (it is unnecessary unless you have a DVD, etc...) and although I inserted the DVD and pointed to this file, it still said that PROPLUS.... msi could not be found.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum