The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinreducer 1.35 with latest W 8.1 PRO 64 ISO crash in first boot on setup if removing keyboard EmptyWinreducer 1.35 with latest W 8.1 PRO 64 ISO crash in first boot on setup if removing keyboard

more_horiz
Hello.
I have here the latest (12-2014) Windows 8.1 PRO 64 ISO being
SW_DVD9_Win_Pro_8.1_64BIT_Brazilian_-3_MLF_X19-83954.ISO.
If removing keyboards (Remover \ Keyboards) after of start of second setup screen (boot from HD) happen an crash and not is possible continue the installation even if using reset. Allways will show an setup crash screen.
The crash is before of message INSTALLING DEVICES from setup screen.
If had another system installed in another partition not is possible to boot to another system. To recover is need boot the original Windows 8.1 DVD not modified and start another installation to recover the another installed system.
The issue not happen with previous version using another ISO version SW_DVD9_Win_Pro_8.1_64BIT_Brazilian_-2_MLF_X19-49639.ISO (before of 06-2014).
Perhaps the last ISO version is required some keyboards files for setup ?
Creating here an ISO with some files from Keyboard category. EFI boot partition have related files with some languages. Perhaps is an clue ?
More an detail is I had used an customized profile from previous version that work fine for me and after of problem I had tested some ISOs for finally to figure that just removing keyboard crash the setup.
I will create another ISO without remove arabic, english and portuguese files.
Thanks.

descriptionWinreducer 1.35 with latest W 8.1 PRO 64 ISO crash in first boot on setup if removing keyboard EmptyRe: Winreducer 1.35 with latest W 8.1 PRO 64 ISO crash in first boot on setup if removing keyboard

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 8.1 BUGS" FORUM !

descriptionWinreducer 1.35 with latest W 8.1 PRO 64 ISO crash in first boot on setup if removing keyboard EmptyRe: Winreducer 1.35 with latest W 8.1 PRO 64 ISO crash in first boot on setup if removing keyboard

more_horiz
If creating an ISO without removing Keyboard Arabic, English (UK and US) and Portuguese not crash the installation.
Now creating an ISO removing Arabic, English UK and Portuguese.
Returning an less of hour here =)

more_horiz
Ok, thank you for your feedback ! Smile

more_horiz
After of somes ISOs I can confirm if using Winreducer 1.35 with latest Windows 8.1 PRO 64 ISO from Microsoft and removing Keyboard English US crash setup when the the machine is in begin of the devices install screen (second startup).
That not happen in previous versions.
Perhaps Microsoft have changed ISO files layout ?
If need I can post here the ISO files layout if you say any information about.
Thanks.

more_horiz
I'm creating an ISO at the moment ...

more_horiz
Strange, because I've tried and it worked for me.

more_horiz
Have you activated "Optimizations - ISO - Boot - Clean Boot Wim" ?

If yes, you could try another time with this option uncheck (= disable).

more_horiz
"Have you activated "Optimizations - ISO - Boot - Clean Boot Wim" ?"
I have tested with both enable and disable and not crash the installation if Keyboard English US not is selected.
Removing just Keyboard English US crash the setup installation with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in second startup devices installation.
That's an issue with SW_DVD9_Win_Pro_8.1_64BIT_Brazilian_-3_MLF_X19-83954.ISO. Is the latest ISO from Microsoft of date 12-2014 and files are 21-11-2014.
Now creating an ISO with my customize settings (546 options enabled) without Keyboard English US.
Thanks.

more_horiz
hey is it ok now ? because winter did some improvement with the Engish cleanup
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum