The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionThe right way to install build 9901 :) EmptyThe right way to install build 9901 :)

more_horiz
Okay, for those of you that have build 9901, some of you may have problems with things such as the settings menu not working, or the store not working, wifi menu, etc.

Finally have the fix, and wow is it an easy one.

Okay (btw, this is installing/starting with a stock/non edited iso, though we do add one file)

1.  You have to have build 9901
2.  I used rufus, to put the iso on my 8gb usb stick.
3.  Open up notepade
4.  paste in the following: 

Code:

[EditionID]
Professional

[Channel]
Retail

[VL]

5.  Save the file as "ei.cfg"
6.  Put the file on the usb stick in the sources folder
7.  Plug yourself into the router(not wifi)
8.  Reboot computer, I chose the efi option for my usb stick to install from
9.  After you type in your key, and use your MSN act to sign in, it will text your phone some numbers that you must type in
10.  Enjoy

p.s.  make sure you are plugged into the router during install, and you have that file copied in there, and that you DO NOT use a local act.

after it is up and running, everything works, I then create my local acts and deleted my msn act.

This was the only way for me to get everything working the I want it,

Hope it helps Smile

descriptionThe right way to install build 9901 :) EmptyRe: The right way to install build 9901 :)

more_horiz
now that I finally have it working right 3 times in a row, I can finally start using winreducer with it Smile  then, will use camtasia for the tuts Smile

descriptionThe right way to install build 9901 :) EmptyRe: The right way to install build 9901 :)

more_horiz
Well, I don't know if it was after or before I deleted the online act, but on my local acts windows updates seems to be the only thing broken....on my other installs, with the messed up settings/wifi menu, once I found a way into the menu, updates worked

unless it did the updates during install since it was connected to the router, it did have all my drivers setup, and normally I think I have to install a couple

more_horiz
Hey myclodel,

Wonderful sharing, thank very much for this interesting information !

more_horiz
No prob winter,

btw, the updates do work, I think they were just installing/downloading in the background and when you manualy do a search for updates it gives an error message, but I think that's just cause it was already doing it in the background, as I have updates installed, and now I just turned the pc on and when I looked, it said last updated 9 min ago, so yeah, these steps led me to a perfectly working non crashing build of 9901 Smile

oh, and HAPPY XMAS Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum