The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] No .msu Updates are Integrated Empty[ANSWERED] No .msu Updates are Integrated

more_horiz
Hello All

Only .NET Framework 3.5 that have been successfully integrated, but unfortunately, WinReducer v1.28 unable to integrate all of .msu updates into the .iso file of my Windows 8.1.1 Pro N x64.

My WinReducer v1.28 settings on Windows 8.1.1 Pro N x64 :

1. http://i7.minus.com/iYJPAbU2KBHSk.PNG
    2. http://i5.minus.com/i27OdOOEfbGC1.PNG

All .msu updates contains 48 of .msu files located in :

-first attempt :  F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE\x64

-changed to    : F:\Updates

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help or suggestions with would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
M

description[ANSWERED] No .msu Updates are Integrated EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] No .msu Updates are Integrated

more_horiz
I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to integrate all .msu updates via WinReducer v1.28, but still no luck.

I also tried brittech's method to enable NetFX3 first manually, then add any updates via WinReducer v1.28, but any .msu package still could not be applied to my .iso image by this tool.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help or suggestions with would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
M

description[ANSWERED] No .msu Updates are Integrated EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] No .msu Updates are Integrated

more_horiz
Hello,

1)
  -first attempt :  F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE\x64

Please try to move all your updates in the folder :

F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\Updates

This should solve the updates integration trouble !

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

2)
I also tried brittech's method to enable NetFX3 first manually

Same thing for integrate net 3.5, WinReducer is able to automatically copy (from an official ISO source) all the necessary files during mounting process ... So in fact you just have to point directly to the good folder :

F:\WINREDUCER81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35

Have a good day !

more_horiz
Hello,

UNFORTUNATELY, NOTHING WORKED!!

To be more clear, here are the steps I have done:

1. I downloaded the latest ESDs Build: 9600.17053.winblue_refresh.140923-1144 (Windows 8.1 Pro N x64) from Microsoft's Windows Store website.

64bit: 9600.17053.winblue_refresh.140923-1144_x64fre_client_ProfessionalN_en-us-IR4_CPRNA_X64FRER_EN-US_ESD.esd

2. I convert the .esd above to .iso file.
3. I open .iso file using WinReducer v1.28.
4. As your direction, I've pointed directly to the folder: F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35
5. And for .msu files, I've moved all of my .msu updates into the folder: F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\Updates

- My settings: http://i2.minus.com/i3QeSRy1YAKSo.PNG
- My preset  : http://pastebin.com/KVtVLQHK

But nothing is really work, unfortunately. WinReducer v1.28 still unable to integrate all of .msu updates and also NetFX3 into the .iso file of my Windows 8.1.1 Pro N x64.

Can you fix this problem, please ?

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
Hello,

5. And for .msu files, I've moved all of my .msu updates into the folder: ...\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\Updates

This is the folder in which to copy all your downloaded Updates and not the folder to use in WinReducer ... I'm responsible for this because I forgot to told you this ... In WinReducer, to integrate all your downloaded Windows Updates, you need to use the folder :
...\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64

I've tried an the integration is working for you, so this should work for you ... Smile ... anyway, tell me the result please !

more_horiz
Hello Sir,

Very Happy IT REALLY WORKS, FORTUNATELY! Very Happy

1. All NF 3.5 files copied to: F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x64

- In WinReducer use the folder: F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x64

2. All .msu files moved into the folder: F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\Updates

- In WinReducer use the folder: F:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64

I’d like to thank you for your efforts in helping me in obtaining the solution and to get this matter worked. Thanks once again for all your help.!!

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
Hello Sir,

Although, WinReducer v1.28 has successfully integrated all updates & NF 3.5 in Windows 8.1 Pro N x64 image, but it's taking so long to install, specifically on a stage as shown in the 3rd image.

1. http://i3.minus.com/ibzJqULBhpYs8x.png
2. http://i4.minus.com/i5F7Tz4dTZDhK.png
3. http://i3.minus.com/ijyk7KmCf3vp6.png

The 20% process of DISM, as shown in the 3rd pic, unchanged for over an hour!! Until I post this message, the "20%", still not moving!.

a. Why does it take so long to finish ?
b. Whether this issue caused by the integrate updates ?
c. How to resolve it ?

Fyi, I try my created ISO in VMware Player.

This's my preset: http://pastebin.com/KVtVLQHK ...and this's my integrated updates list : http://i5.minus.com/iuDe6SgZGDQH5.PNG

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
Hello Sir,

I have successfully installed my Windows 8.1 Pro N x64 without any error after I removed the :

Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

...from Autounattend.xml file.

Now my question is there any other possible solution other than removing these two parameters of Dism ?

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
Hello,

Nice feedback, thank you very much !

If you don't want these options, you could find them, in WinReducer 8.1, in the "Unattended" tab with the names :
- "Unattended - WinSXS DISM Cleanup"
- "Unattended - WinSXS DISM Cleanup (ResetBase)"

Just desactivate (= put them on OFF) them next time, and they will not be used in your future installation ... Wink

Have a good day !

more_horiz
Hello Sir,

Thanks once again for all your help.!! But, you have not answered my above question yet.

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
I answered to this :
Now my question is there any other possible solution other than removing these two parameters of Dism ?

Excuse me but what other question ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I answered to this :

Excuse me but what other question ?

I think what he wants to know is whether there is a way to perform those two DISM operations with winreducer, but have it complete faster. Unfortunately, that is not possible, right? I mean, the DISM operation itself is performed by Windows, with winreducer simply giving the command. IIRC, it did not take so long in Win 8, as it does in Win 8.1.

more_horiz
Munfaqqiha wrote:
Hello Sir,

I have successfully installed my Windows 8.1 Pro N x64 without any error after I removed the :

Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

...from Autounattend.xml file.

Cheers,
M

You should be aware that:
1) These two commands only need to be executed if you have integrated several updates into the ISO. If you have not integrated too many updates, then it is unnecessary to run these commands.
2) It might be easier to uncheck these two options in Winreducer, and perform them from within windows after installation - after all updates have been downloaded and installed. Just run these commands from an elevated command prompt.

@winter : BTW, is there any situation in which both these commands need to be run? Doesn't the second command (with /resetbase) include the first one anyway?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum