The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.27/v1.28 - Issues with update download, integration, windows store (x64) Empty[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.27/v1.28 - Issues with update download, integration, windows store (x64)

more_horiz
Update download (also in v1.28, v1.26 still downoads properly):
Tools (Adobe Flash, Silverlight, etc.) are not downloaded

Update integration:
After installation I need to install over 20+ updates with releasedate prior to november

Image:
My ISO size with v1.26 was around 3.5GB and with v1.27/v1.28 it is around 2.6GB with the same settings. Not sure if this is related to the Update_3 that causes lees updates to be installed and a reduced image size. U found it too big to ignore.

Functionality:
In Windows Store I am unable to download applications. In v1.26 this worked with the same preset

Will upload my wccf if needed (do not know how, file is to big to include as code).

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.27/v1.28 - Issues with update download, integration, windows store (x64) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.27/v1.28 - Issues with update download, integration, windows store (x64)

more_horiz
Hello,

1)

They are downloaded, but their location just moved to "WORK -> INTEGRATE -> SOFTWARE -> x86 (or x64)" ! This is mentioned in the Changelog ... Wink

* WinReducer 8.1 - v1.27 (28 November 2014)
- UPDATE : "TOOLS - Updates Downloader" : Move downloaded files, from "Various" category to the "WORK -> INTEGRATE -> SOFTWARE" folder

2)
All other troubles are not coming from WinReducer but from the latest Updates Catalog ... unfortunately, the Update 3 is not completely replacing all updates it should be ! This is really annoying and I'm thinking about reverted it to the previous 2014.11 WinReducer Updates Catalog while waiting for new information !

Thank you for the report and don't worry in all cases I will let you know ... Wink

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.27/v1.28 - Issues with update download, integration, windows store (x64) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.27/v1.28 - Issues with update download, integration, windows store (x64)

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

1)

They are downloaded, but their location just moved to "WORK -> INTEGRATE -> SOFTWARE -> x86 (or x64)" ! This is mentioned in the Changelog ... Wink

I was referring to the Tools, these are not downloaded at all (I checked every folder). With WinReducer v.1.26 and v.2014.11.2 (x64) they are downloaded.

Update:
Tried again Downloading the Tools (6 updates) with v1.28 no luck.
Downloaded the updates with v1.26.
Moved updates to the Work\Integrate\Updates\x64 folder of v1.28 and WinRedcuer Updates\Tools showed 6 updates.
Moved updates to the Work\Integrate\Software\x64 folder of v1.28 and WinReducer Updates\Tools showed 0 updates.

So the updates are recognized in th folder as changed with v.127, but just not downloaded since that version.

Update 2:
Installed a Reduced Windows and after installing all updates, Windows Store still does not work. For instance Minesweeper can not be downloaded (an error is shown).

more_horiz
hi, did you try it with the newest version ?

when i saw it right winterstorm has fixed some download problems

more_horiz
SOLVED IN v1.31 !

You could consider as solved ! There was a bug with some download files, which was fixed in v1.31 !

About the problem with Windows Store, have you activated : "Presets - Protect Modern UI Apps" ?

more_horiz
The download of updates seems to be in order now (just that it used to download more than 9 updates and now there are exactly 9).

Using the same settings as with v1.26 I still can not use the Windows Store, it crashed when I try to download MineSweeper. I protect the Modern UI Apps and I remove all Apps, but not the technical  parts such as Immersive Control Panel, Java Script, Windows Store itself.
Also I keep getting 26 updates after installation  + 1 optional (KB3000850).
[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.27/v1.28 - Issues with update download, integration, windows store (x64) Winred10

I want to perform a reinstall, but it stays with testing for now. I am awaiting a build that is as good as v1.26.

more_horiz
With v1.33 still issues with 27 updates to be installed and applications not installed through Windows Store.

more_horiz
Hello,

I will have a look at this today.

Thanks for the report !

more_horiz
Hello,

1) About the problem with Windows Store, have you activated : "Presets - Protect Modern UI Apps" ?

2) About Updates : Have you integrated Updates 3 ?

more_horiz
1) I set proect Modern UI Apps and later also MS Online Account
2) I downloaded all x64 updates except for those related to .Net 3.5

more_horiz
Windows Store only works for me if I protect Windows Search (test with v1.35). Not sure what sub-component is causing issues. I am sattisfied with the result and will use this as a new installation.

Best wishes!

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for the information I will have a look ...

You could also consult this website page, in which you could find maybe some info :
http://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-81-database.html

I need to redesign the page but the essential is in it.

more_horiz
Thank you. I already consulted that page, it is very useful.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum