The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWindows 10 Build 9841 Reduced... works in VM. But I get the "Other User" at login on physical install. Can't Log In - or do anything. EmptyWindows 10 Build 9841 Reduced... works in VM. But I get the "Other User" at login on physical install. Can't Log In - or do anything.

more_horiz
Title pretty much sums it up.

Reduced my Windows 10 down to a 1.99GB ISO and 3.15GB on fresh install.
Works in a virtual machine fine... Can actually log in, create a user and password, use express/customise settings, set up network, etc. All programs and Windows updates install without an issue. 

Problem is when I go to install it on a physical PC/laptop - it gets through the installation, gets to the getting devices ready screen, then restarts (No 'use express settings/customise/networrk/user-password') screen.
After the restart it brings up the log in screen with 'other user'... Nothing works, cannot log in. no ctrl-alt-del, etc. Have to restart and it's a never ending loop.

Any ideas guys?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44266/wr/WinReducer100.wccf - Config file.

Thanks guys.

descriptionWindows 10 Build 9841 Reduced... works in VM. But I get the "Other User" at login on physical install. Can't Log In - or do anything. EmptyRe: Windows 10 Build 9841 Reduced... works in VM. But I get the "Other User" at login on physical install. Can't Log In - or do anything.

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

Have you tried to create your ISO in 1 pass ?

descriptionWindows 10 Build 9841 Reduced... works in VM. But I get the "Other User" at login on physical install. Can't Log In - or do anything. EmptyRe: Windows 10 Build 9841 Reduced... works in VM. But I get the "Other User" at login on physical install. Can't Log In - or do anything.

more_horiz
I usually just boot from a USB, so no ISO is needed.
Should I try make an ISO and see if that makes any difference?
It's very strange that it works in VM but not on a physical drive.
Thanks for the help : )

more_horiz
You are welcome, Smile

It's not necessary, what I meant is : when you reduce your Windows 10 wim file, have created it in 1 pass, or created it with several passes (=try) ... Wink

more_horiz
Oh. I've removed chucks at a time... Just incase removing one component causes install error or something doesn't work...
Then have to start all over again... Do you think if I load the config file and then do it all in one pass that will make a difference?

more_horiz
I think that's a possible reason of the trouble ... that could solve your trouble, and could you please let me know ... thanks !

more_horiz
No go I'm afraid. Still comes up with "Other user", just like before.
Used a clean ISO and stripped it in one pass with config file.

Must be something i have removed then? (As it works fine if untouched) ... Just have to work out what.
Did you take a look at the config file? Give you any clues as to what it could be?

Cheers.

more_horiz
Weird... but yes I've looked at your wccf, and could you please try another time without removing "Services - WLAN AutoConfig Service" and "Services - WWAN AutoConfig Service" ... Thanks !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum