The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Onedrive removal not working? Empty[ANSWERED] Onedrive removal not working?

more_horiz
I currently have a completely up to date win8.1 home image i'm trying to use with winreducer.  Everything i remove seems to work fine except for onedrive.  Is anyone else have this issue?  No matter how many times i try when i go to the newly edited iso image and boot into it i see OneDrive APP on the start screen?  
I saw a note in the changelog saying that skydrive removal was impossible as it was too deep in the OS, is this the same case for OneDrive?

description[ANSWERED] Onedrive removal not working? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Onedrive removal not working?

more_horiz
SkyDrive = OneDrive

description[ANSWERED] Onedrive removal not working? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Onedrive removal not working?

more_horiz
Maybe is just he APP that was not removed but the actual Service is gone ??

more_horiz
Hello,

This is a known issue mentioned in the Changelog (1st section : "KNOWN BUGS") :
- "Network - Skydrive" : All files are removed but you could always be able to use it in "Modern UI - Immersive Control Panel". Skydrive is too deeply integrated into Windows 8.1. The only way, to hide it, is to remove the "Immersive Control Panel" but you will loose many Windows configuration possibilities wrote:

Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Wink

So just for 100% clarity, i cannot get the OneDrive App off my start screen because of this issue right?  I'm sorry but i'm still 100% clear.  :-/

more_horiz
Skrell wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Wink

So just for 100% clarity, i cannot get the OneDrive App off my start screen because of this issue right?  I'm sorry but i'm still 100% clear.  :-/

I'm sure you can, by right clicking it and clicking 'unpin from start'. But it will still be accessible through search.

more_horiz
Skrell wrote:

Hello,

My mistake, sorry, I misunderstood your question ... Did you check "Presets - Protect MS Online Account"  ? Because it automatically protects "Network - OneDrive", even if you try to remove it manually.

This is only to protect the MS online account functionality, otherwise it won't work properly.

You could find everything on this website resources page :
http://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-81-database.html

And, the known bug text (in changelog) is only valid when you try to remove OneDrive, the Modern UI start screen shortcut is removed, but in the other hand as it's too deeply integrated in the "Immersive Control Panel" (= modern ui cpl), it can't be remove as a standalone tool in the Modern UI CPL.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Skrell wrote:

Hello,

My mistake, sorry, I misunderstood your question ... Did you check "Presets - Protect MS Online Account"  ? Because it automatically protects "Network - OneDrive", even if you try to remove it manually.

This is only to protect the MS online account functionality, otherwise it won't work properly.

You could find everything on this website resources page :
http://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-81-database.html

And, the known bug text (in changelog) is only valid when you try to remove OneDrive, the Modern UI start screen shortcut is removed, but in the other hand as it's too deeply integrated in the "Immersive Control Panel" (= modern ui cpl), it can't be remove as a standalone tool in the Modern UI CPL.

Ahh yes i am!!  Maybe you want to put a note when you hover over the "Protect MS.." field that notes this connection?  Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum