The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSERED] Component Remover on 8.1 Update removes Unknown packages only for them to be added back? Empty[ANSERED] Component Remover on 8.1 Update removes Unknown packages only for them to be added back?

more_horiz

There might be something wrong with my systems so I'm not sure it's a bug but when I go to remove any of the 100 or  Unknown packages from install.wim, they're removed successfully by Component Remover only to be parsed straight back? It would seem my install.wim is different(?) from others or is that because I'm using the 8.1 Update Enterprise Evaluation? I'm not having much luck researching the package names themselves but they seem different to the lists I'm seeing posted on MSDN and MDL and nothing like the list on Technet Windows 8 packages.

Any way I can get rid of these?

[ANSERED] Component Remover on 8.1 Update removes Unknown packages only for them to be added back? Wintoo11

description[ANSERED] Component Remover on 8.1 Update removes Unknown packages only for them to be added back? EmptyRe: [ANSERED] Component Remover on 8.1 Update removes Unknown packages only for them to be added back?

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you using a WinReducer Software ? Unfortunately, your screenshots are taken from Win Toolkit (from legolash) and I will not provide any support for Win Toolkit, as you could easily understand why ! You need to ask your question in the Win Toolkit forum : LINK

Best regards.

description[ANSERED] Component Remover on 8.1 Update removes Unknown packages only for them to be added back? EmptyRe: [ANSERED] Component Remover on 8.1 Update removes Unknown packages only for them to be added back?

more_horiz
I'm literally a dyslexic moron. I just spent 20 min wondering why they deleted my post on the other forum before I thought, "Did I...?"  Embarassed 

I'm actually using WinReducer now and it seems to be going brilliantly.

Sorry for the brain dead mixup.

more_horiz
Don't worry, that's fine !  Very Happy 
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum