The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 Tips creators needed ! EmptyWinReducer 8.1 Tips creators needed !

more_horiz
I would like to greatly improve WinReducer 8.1 Components Informations system, so I need people to discuss about informations to prepare these Components Tips.

Example :

"Snipping Tool" ==> Tips Displayed = "Screen image capturing application"
I want to do this for all Components, so there will be a huge work on this, and this is why I need people to help me on this ...

INSTRUCTIONS :

Use the list of components in the preset named "Advanced for Desktop" provided in "WinReducer 8 - v0.90" zip package
Thank you so much for your help ...

winterstorm2050

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 Tips creators needed ! EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 Tips creators needed !

more_horiz
Hey winter,
I'm on it for a while now, didn't write much though. Still I try to add more when I have time.
But I have to admit, it's quite difficult as I'm not sure which feature is removed when selected. Plus to summarize it properly is quite a task Embarassed

For example, in the wccf file, sometimes I wrote    
<Element Category="Accessories" Name="Accessibility" Removed="true" Tips="NOT SURE WHICH FEATURE IS TARGETED HERE" /> This means, I don't know what accessibility is exactly, it's very vast.

Others will have:    
<Element Category="Accessories" Name="Auto Play" Removed="false" Tips="Select to remove AutoPlay. Feature Detail: AutoPlay allows you to change the default settings for CDs, DVDs and devices so that you can automatically open the content, play music, video, view pictures..." /> This one is good. I don't know if I should leave "Select to remove" though. I put it to differentiate "a shortcut, feature, background thing..."

It's harder than I thought Laughing
Is there a way I can see which files are targeted?
Cheers

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 Tips creators needed ! EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 Tips creators needed !

more_horiz
Hey seiferflo,

This is a fantastic news ... Thank you so much ...

seiferflo wrote:
For example, in the wccf file, sometimes I wrote    
<Element Category="Accessories" Name="Accessibility" Removed="true" Tips="NOT SURE WHICH FEATURE IS TARGETED HERE" /> This means, I don't know what accessibility is exactly, it's very vast.
This sounds excellent for me ... And don't worry, I will add missing components tips ...

seiferflo wrote:
Tips="Select to remove AutoPlay. Feature Detail: AutoPlay allows you to change the default settings for CDs, DVDs and devices so that you can automatically open the content, play music, video, view pictures..."
For me, the best (and fastest) choice should be : Tips="AutoPlay allows you to change the default settings for CDs, DVDs and devices so that you can automatically open the content, play music, video, view pictures..."

seiferflo wrote:
I'm on it for a while now, didn't write much though. Still I try to add more when I have time.
I really want to thank you to try creating this, because I do not have enough to work on everything at the same time ...

Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi Winter,
So I give you my report:

- accessories: almost complete. Few things missing though (Media Play Ready, Windows Live, Diagnostics Troubleshooting Control Panel, Disk Space Cleaner, Run Legacy CPL Elevated, TabletPC, Webcam Experience).
I don't know what it is exactly and I can't even find it on my W8 version, any advice?
- drivers: I haven't touch this section. The only thing we could put is a message saying that most of the drivers could be installed independently afterwards.
- font: I didn't write anything too. I personally did not remove any font so if you have any advice just let me know.
- languages : same thing. However it would be nice to indicate that is also removes the keyboard. Could be useful for someone like me who use Windows in English but with French keyboard, so I need to keep French.
- multimedia; I tried my best, there are a few things left. Media Playback, MIDI Support, Mobile PC, Mobile PC Sensors. I don't know what's targeted here. Also could you tell me what happens if we remove a codec?
- network: quasi complete except the 4.5 framework tip, any idea?
- services: I didn't touch this section. If I do, either I copy paste what the service means, either we can give an indication of it's a good idea to remove it or not. Just let me know
- themes: I didn't touch this, any advice?
- Tweaks: I didn't touch this as I don't really know what it does
- Optimization: same thing
- Control Pane: I didn't touch it; not sure it's really important to put tips, just let me know.
- IE: I need to do it, but it's quite straightforward
- Unattend: you will have to check
- Presets; I've done few of them, rest I don't know.

FYI, There are a some copy/paste from Microsoft website and Wikipedia but I figured it's not problematic. Let me know if it is.

I have to go.
Cheers
Flo

more_horiz
Just a word : PERFECT !

You are the king, king, thank you so much ...

- Accessories : Perfect and don't worry I will add all missing
- Drivers : OK
- Fonts : OK
- Languages : I will separate Languages\Keyboard in WinReducer 8.1
- Multimedia : OK, and an example = if you remove "Codec - MP3" you can't read mp3 audio files out of the box, but if you use foobar2000 (or similar) you could read them because it embed a great and better audio decoder
- Network : 4.5 Framework Advanced leave it like that, because I will have a look on it later
- Services : it's the hardest part because many windows components depend on them, so I think it could take some time to
- Themes, Tweaks and Optimization, Control Panel, Unattend : I will add them
- IE : OK, if you have troubles, don't worry I will add all missing
- Presets : OK, if you have troubles, don't worry I will add all missing

There are no troubles using copy/paste ... it's only informations and add all your sources in your document I will mention them and of course : you ! cheers

See you soon ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi Winter,
Did you modify the wccf since for W8.1?
If Yes, could you please give it to me so that I keep adding the tips on the new lignes you made?
Cheers
Flo

Ps: I will not spoil anything, you can trust me on that silent

more_horiz
Hey flo,

Yes, there will be some changes between WinReducer 8 wccf and WinReducer 8.1, but for the moment I haven't work so much on this part ... So I can't send you something usable ... I will check this, only during next week ... So, if you are OK, I will contact you during the next week for this ... And thank you so much ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Services is finished Wink
I basically copy/paste from Black Viper as it's the bible of the services. I put the source at the end.
However something is troubling me. When we select a service, it actually removes the service from the system which is quite brutal. I understand that a service is automatically removed if the feature (accessory or network for example) is removed.
As you mentioned before, some services have dependencies, so do you plan to have another section which allows us to simply put a service in manual or disabled, this way if we need it for any reason, we can still make the change after?

more_horiz
seiferflo wrote:
Services is finished Wink
I basically copy/paste from Black Viper as it's the bible of the services. I put the source at the end.
However something is troubling me. When we select a service, it actually removes the service from the system which is quite brutal. I understand that a service is automatically removed if the feature (accessory or network for example) is removed.
As you mentioned before, some services have dependencies, so do you plan to have another section which allows us to simply put a service in manual or disabled, this way if we need it for any reason, we can still make the change after?
Yes, I've implemented the difference between remove and disable services ...

more_horiz
HI Winter,
How's it going?

Sorry again for the lack of news for a while, lots of work.
I think I should give you the document so that you can integrate it in the beta as I haven't touch it since last time I posted here.
I didn't test it either in WR8 but as you said many things changed in WR81 you probably want to integrate it quickly to start the test. 

In the document below, there are lot of unknown features to me and some things where I don't know what to put.
Have a look, let me know if you need more stuff.
Also please feel free to send me the new features of WR81 so that I fill the tips. I have a bit of time this weekend.

Take care
Cheers
Flo

FILE: Advanced_info_seiferflo.wccf

more_horiz
Hey seiferflo,

Thank you so much because you have done an incredible and amazing job my friend ! You are the king of the WinReducer Help Tips ... king

cheers 

I will start add them and send you all new components tomorrow ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Winter, are you going to let translators to translate these tips? I think this would be a great idea, considering some of the components aren't that obvious to new users, and that these tips were of INCREDIBLE help when I first started customizing Windows ISOs with nLite. I used it in Spanish at the time because I didn't know that much of English, so I think it would help a lot of users to get their job done easier Smile.

more_horiz
Yes ! Help tips translation has been planned and I'm actually working on integrating all wonderful work of Seiferflo in Winreducer 8.1. Then translators could translate all of them ... Wink

more_horiz
Seiferflo,

Here is the list of new component I found over my researches (should be more longer in the furture) :

Features - Direct Play

Features - Work Folders

Accesssories - MetroUI - Bing Food and Drink

Accesssories - MetroUI - Bing Health And Fitness

Accesssories - MetroUI - Communication Applications

Accesssories - MetroUI - File Manager

Accesssories - MetroUI - Help And Tips

Accesssories - MetroUI - Skype

Accesssories - MetroUI - Windows Alarms

Accesssories - MetroUI - Windows Calculator

Accesssories - MetroUI - Windows Reading

Accesssories - MetroUI - Windows Scan

Accesssories - MetroUI - Windows Sound Recorder
Thank you so much for all of this work. It will greatly improve user experience ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi mate,
Hope you're doing well.
Please find below the tips for the elements your listed.

- Work Folders is a self-hosted sync-storage system for enterprise built into Windows (some kind of a Dropbox, but free, that you could set up on a server). It allows a user to sync data to their device from their user folder located in the corporation’s data center. Files created locally sync back to the file server in the corporate environment.

- The Bing Food & Drink app allows you to explore illustrated recipes, choose wine, cocktails, and learn tips from celebrity chefs to make a great meal. Some helpful tools are available such as shopping list, meal planner, notes, hand-free "Cooking Mode", all sharable with your friends.

- The Bing Health and Fitness app helps you to stay in shape with thousands of videos exercises, medical & nutritional references and a diet tracking system to help you reach your goals.

- Communication Applications:
What's targeted here? Sorry I don't have Windows 8.1.

- To verify as never used:
Built-in Modern-UI File Manager app to view, explore, copy, paste, delete, rename all the files and folders like you could do on the File Explorer on desktop. Ability to search files and share them directly to other apps from the Share Charm. The app also includes SkyDrive integration.

- Built-in Modern UI Help & Tips app guides you to learn how to use properly Windows 8.1 basic features using tutorials and videos.

- Skype Modern UI application to connect with you friends, chat, hear their voice or get together face to face.

- Built-in Modern UI Windows Alarm app to set-up multiple alarms and set various ringtones as reminder or to wake you up. The app also packs a timer and a stopwatch.

- Built-in Modern UI Windows Calculator for basic math calculation with standard and scientific modes along with numerous converters.

- Built-in Modern UI Reading List app allows you to save articles from Internet Explorer or other apps to keep content that you want to save for reading later. You can pin articles using the Share Charm and manage it within the Reading List application.

- Built-in Modern UI Scan app which can interact with virtually any scanner installed on the system or available on the network to scan documents.

- Built-in Modern UI Sound Recorder app to do basic recording and edition of audio from your microphone input.

more_horiz
Thank you so much Seiferflo,

Just added the last help tips ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Hey seiferflo,

The beta 5 is available with all your excellent work, thank you so much for your time ... Very Happy

more_horiz
please help me winreduce 8.1 not create iso file,how to solve my problem

more_horiz
Please post your *.wccf file so we can see, what you have done.
Which iso are you using ? x64, x86, pro, core ...

more_horiz
windows 8.1 prox64,not see winreducer core version
not paste .wccf message to long 
how to post .wccf file i dont know sorry

other file upload site wccf file

more_horiz
I'm not sure, if this is the reason, but maybe you can test it again without the "Active Unattended Options" and without the .NET 3.5 integration.
All other thinks look good and worked for me several times.
Without these two options, I had no problem to create the iso with your settings.

more_horiz
okay thank you i try Smile

more_horiz
Hi Winter,
How are you?

A couple of additional tips: 

- Control Panel Diagnostics Troubleshooting: It allows you to automatically troubleshoot and fix common Windows problems.

- History Vault: File History saves copies of your files so you can get them back if there's lost of damaged.

- HomeGroup: With a homegroup, you can share files and printers with other computers on your home network and streaming media to devices.

- Parental controls: Family Safety allows you to report your kids' PC activities, choose what they see online, and set time limits, apps restrictions, and more.

- Phone and Modem allows to configure your telephone dialing rules and modem settings.

- Recovery: does it break System restore??? Recovery allows to create a recovery drive to reset yourPC, or to troubleshoot problems, even when it can't start. You can also restore your system to a different date to undo system changes only.

- Secure Startup: what is this?

- Printing - LPR Port Monitor: The Line Printer Remote (LPR) Port Monitor allows a computer running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2 to print to the Line Printer Daemon (LPD) service on a UNIX print server.

- Printing - LPD Port Service: The TCP/IP Print Server service (LPDSVC), also known as the Line Printer Daemon (LPD) service, enables UNIX-based computers or other computers that are using the Line Printer Remote (LPR) service to print to shared printers on this server.

- Printing - Internet Printing
The Internet Printing Client feature enables users to connect and print to printers on the local network or over the Internet by using Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). You can use the Internet Printing Client and IPP to connect to the shared printer using a Web browser (if the print server has the Internet Printing role service installed).

- SNMP: The Simple Network Management Protocol is a network management standard widely used in TCP/IP networks in order to manage network hosts such as workstation or server computers, routers, bridges, and hubs from a centrally-located computer running network management software.

more_horiz
Done flo, thank you very much !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum